1/2 Photos of Fantastic Marinade for Grilled Shrimp
To say this marinade is fantastic is an under statement --- the amounts listed enough for up to 4 pounds of shrimp and this also works well with lobster tails too --- if you are threading the shrimp on wooden skewers make certain to soak them for a minimum of 30 minutes in cold water before using, do not marinade the shrimp for more than 1 hour or the vinegar will start "cook" the shrimp, the hot sauce is only optional add in for extra heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or use fresh basil)
- 4 -5 large fresh garlic cloves (cut into large pieces, do not mince or use as much as desired!)
- hot sauce (optional)
- 4 lbs uncooked shrimp
- 1In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients (except garlic) until well blended, adjusting the seasoned salt, cayenne and hot sauce to taste.
- 2Add in the garlic pieces.
- 3Add in the uncooked shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- 4Cover and refrigerate NO MORE than 1 hour.
- 5Remove the shrimp and discard marinade.
- 6Grill over medium heat until no longer pink (cooking time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp).
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Marinade for Grilled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (2174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.9
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 571.5 mg
- Sodium 2730.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 62.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: