Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that I complied through editing and tweaking lots of meatloaf recipes on Recipezaar. My husband who LOVES carbs couldn't even tell that I was feeding him a healthier version. I've always loved meatloaf, and this is my answer to a tasty low-carb meal the whole family can enjoy. Please treat yourself to this quick and easy meatloaf and see for yourself! The proof is in the pudding (or the loaf!).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture (beef, pork, veal)
- 3⁄4 vidalia onion, medium, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons low-carb ketchup
- 1 slice low-carb bread, toasted (I used Pepperidge Farms 7-grain)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low-carb ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- Sauté the onion and garlic in pre-heated olive oil over medium-heat for about 10 minutes until the onions soften.
- Crumble the bread into fine pieces (you can always use 1/2 cup of low-carb bread crumbs, but I think the bread slice is best).
- Mix together the remaining meatloaf ingredients in a bowl, including the sautéed onion and bread pieces (using your hands is the easiest!).
- Combine sauce ingredients and whisk until combined thoroughly (about 2 minutes).
- Place mixture into a loaf pan and pour sauce mixture over top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 75 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from loaf pan, and let sit covered with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.