1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #805503's Note:
This is a recipe that I complied through editing and tweaking lots of meatloaf recipes on Recipezaar. My husband who LOVES carbs couldn't even tell that I was feeding him a healthier version. I've always loved meatloaf, and this is my answer to a tasty low-carb meal the whole family can enjoy. Please treat yourself to this quick and easy meatloaf and see for yourself! The proof is in the pudding (or the loaf!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs meatloaf mixture (beef, pork, veal)
- 3/4 vidalia onion, medium, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons low-carb ketchup
- 1 slice low-carb bread, toasted (I used Pepperidge Farms 7-grain)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-carb ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1Sauté the onion and garlic in pre-heated olive oil over medium-heat for about 10 minutes until the onions soften.
- 2Crumble the bread into fine pieces (you can always use 1/2 cup of low-carb bread crumbs, but I think the bread slice is best).
- 3Mix together the remaining meatloaf ingredients in a bowl, including the sautéed onion and bread pieces (using your hands is the easiest!).
- 4Combine sauce ingredients and whisk until combined thoroughly (about 2 minutes).
- 5Place mixture into a loaf pan and pour sauce mixture over top of meatloaf.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 75 minutes.
- 7Remove meatloaf from loaf pan, and let sit covered with aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Low Carb Meatloaf!
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 614.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: