Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The name of this says it all! ---plan ahead the pie needs to chill for 3 or more hours before serving. I made this pie using half bottled lemon juice and half fresh, it was still wonderful, I suggest to only use fresh berries for this pie.
- 1 2⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar (for a sweeter crust use 4 tablespoons)
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or 2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a bowl stir together the crust ingredients until combined; press into bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove and cool completely (the pie crust can be made up to a day in advance covered with plastic wrap and chilled).
- In a bowl beat the softened cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk and powdered sugar using an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add in lemon pudding mix, lemon rind and fresh lemon juice; beat until completely blended.
- Spread half of the lemon mixture evenly into the prepared pie crust.
- In a bowl mix the blueberries with preserves; spread evenly over the lemon mixture.
- Spread the remaining half of the lemon mixture over the blueberry mixture; cover and chill for minimum of 3 hours or until well set.
- Dollop the whipped cream (or Cool Whip topping) around the edges of the pie, then sprinkle fresh blueberries over the whipped cream if desired.