Recipe by BecR
An incredibly fantastic chicken salad, perfect for summertime entertaining! Also great tossed with cooked bow-tie pasta, which makes a more substantial meal. This is so delicious, one of my all-time favorite chicken salads!! Slightly adapted from a Paula Deen recipe.
Top Review by robbin.oakley
This is awesome!!!! Oh my gosh, plain old chicken salad will never be made in my house again! It's so refreshing and light with the lemon and basil. I didn't change a thing nor did I have to. I had purchased a very crisp and citrus Sauvignon Blanc to serve with this for a late afternoon lunch and it just blew my guest away. Very impressive.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 rib minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 cups cooked bow tie pasta (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, basil and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon, salt, pepper and onions. Add to chicken mixture (add pasta if using), tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.