There should be enough marinade for about 2-1/2 pounds of beef or chicken you may double the marinade ingredients but keep the fresh garlic and green onion at the same amount --- the meat needs to come down to almost room temperature before grilling so plan well ahead, also there is a marinating time of 8-24 hours, you may omit the cayenne completely if desired or adjust to suit heat level.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (or use white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste adjust to suit heat level)
- In a bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients together until the sugar granules are completely dissolved.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Remove the meat and shake off excess marinade.
- Place the meat in a pan and allow to come down to room temperature (this will take a few hours).
- Grill as desired.