Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Soft and Delicious!
- 1 cup warm water (70-80 degrees)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- Ferment water, salt, sugar, & yeast for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Then add garlic powder, & Italian seasonings.
- In large bowl put in flour and make a well in it.
- Add melted butter, & liquid mixture.
- Mix till right consistency, adding in more flour if needed.
- Mold into ball.
- Oil bowl and ball; cover with wet towel.
- Place in warm oven 30 - 40 minutes.
- Turn dough onto floured surface.
- Divide ball in half.
- Cut each portion into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 4-6-inch rope.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet in warm oven for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Mine were hard and dry. Did not rise very much. Proofing yeast is to long.