This is a great spruced up version of a classic.
Make and share this Fantastic Huevos Rancheros With Cumin Lime Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 15 ounces refried black beans or 15 ounces pinto beans
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 large eggs
- Make the Cream Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. May be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- For the Eggs: Warm the refried beans in order to make them easier to spread. Spread a thin layer on four of the tortillas and sprinkle the other four with the cheese. Heat a few teaspoons of oil on a griddle or large skillet. Place one chhese and one bean tortilla on griddle and when cheese melts invert the cheese tortilla over the bean tortilla. Cook until golden on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate. Repeat with remaning quesadillas, keeping them in a warm oven or covered with foil.
- Either poach or fry eggs to your liking.
- To serve cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Arrange in a circle with points facing out on a warm plate. Top with salsa and place two eggs on top. Drizzle cumin lime cream over each serving.