1/1 Photo of Fantastic Huevos Rancheros With Cumin Lime Cream
This is a great spruced up version of a classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1Make the Cream Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. May be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- 2For the Eggs: Warm the refried beans in order to make them easier to spread. Spread a thin layer on four of the tortillas and sprinkle the other four with the cheese. Heat a few teaspoons of oil on a griddle or large skillet. Place one chhese and one bean tortilla on griddle and when cheese melts invert the cheese tortilla over the bean tortilla. Cook until golden on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate. Repeat with remaning quesadillas, keeping them in a warm oven or covered with foil.
- 3Either poach or fry eggs to your liking.
- 4To serve cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Arrange in a circle with points facing out on a warm plate. Top with salsa and place two eggs on top. Drizzle cumin lime cream over each serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Huevos Rancheros With Cumin Lime Cream
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.3
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 469.3 mg
- Sodium 1726.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: