Prep 35 mins
Cook 22 mins
Once you try this salmon mariade you will use it all the time for your salmon steaks, this marinade is enough for 5 center cut salmon steaks about 1-inch thick. Please leave the skin on while baking!
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dryed ginger powder
- black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Add in the salmon steaks (do not remove the skin!) turn to coat in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 35 minutes.
- Discard the marinade.
- *NOTE* to bake the salmon steaks; season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet with skin side down.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove the skin before serving.
This marinade is very flavorful. I use it just about every time I make salmon and have given it to others to try.
Easy and tasty...made this when I was in a rush and had to throw something together quickly. Next time I may add a little red pepper or chili paste to give it a little heat. Thanks for posting!
This marinade is excellent on salmon. It's quick, easy, and full of flavor. And I usually have everything on hand. I did use low sodium soy sauce, and it was fine. Thanks for a great marinade, Kitten!