Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These homemade granola bars are so delicious, and the good thing about these is that you can add whatever you want to them, these are much better than store-bought.
Top Review by Blue Dragon
I found that these crumbled quite a bit. I used half the sugar and sunbutter instead of peanut butter (allergies), and honey instead of corn syrup. Not sure if that affected it at all. However, it still tastes great.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup craisins (or use raisins)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (your choice of dried fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease BOTTOM ONLY of a 13 x 9-in baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- You may add what ever you want, as long as the mixture is sticking together in several large clumps.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan, using your fingers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins, or until golden.
- Cool completely, and cut into bars.