Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so good, and so easy to make, they don't take more than 15 minutes to make in total, these are extremely addictive, you won't be able to stop eating them lol! You can sub whipping cream for the evaporated milk, I have done this a few times, and it seems to work just fine, also you can use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup light brown sugar if desired. Just remember to leave the mixture sit in the pot or bowl for about 10 minutes or longer to allow the mixture to firm up. If desired chill the balls firsty and then coat in melted semi-sweet chocolate...YUMMMMMM!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 10 large marshmallows, cut into smaller pieces
- 16 graham crackers (1-1/2 cups crushed)
- 1 cup finely chopped dry roasted salted peanut (or use toasted walnuts or pecans)
- powdered sugar
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, boil the sugar, evaporated milk and butter for 10 minutes; remove from heat and add the marshmallows to the pot; beat vigorously with wooden spoon until dissolved.
- Add in graham cracker crumbs and chopped nuts; mix well to combine.
- Let mixture sit in the saucepan for 10 minutes or until cool enough cool to handle (it will harden upon standing) then drop onto greased waxed paper.
- If desired shape into small balls (make sure to do this while the mixture is still slightly warm or they will be harder to shape).
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Coat with powdered sugar if desired or chill the balls and then coat in melted chocolate.
I made these for the kids, and of coarse I tryed some too, they are so good, we could not stop eating them, I will make more today, and no baking, another plus! Thank you!
Very good and easy.
Yummy and addictive!