Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have windows....lots of windows, and I hated cleaning them as they would always streak with commercial window cleaner and papertowel. Well, I got this idea from Fauve and her recipe for cleaning carpets. I cut the recipe down as I did not have a container big enough. After cleaning my carpets (and I might add, her recipe cleaned a whole lot better than the commercial stuff!!!), I used the rest of the solution on my granit counters. They came out sparkling. So onto the windows....and not a streak! So, it went from windows, cleaning mirrors, even stovetop....anything that needs to shine!!! Move over Windex....I have something better!!!
- 3 tablespoons ammonia, lemon scented (I used Sudsy from Western Family)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon liquid soap (Palmolive Scrub Buster, Citrus Blast)
- Combine the 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Fill it with water.
- Wash the windows, use a window blade down the window, using the papertowel to wipe off the excess water.
- (This is the important part!) Polish with the newspaper. For what ever reason, it cleans better that papertowel!
- Note: The best dish cloths I have come across for cleaning granit counter tops and stove tops are the crocheted or knitted cloths that you see at craft fairs. The cotton yarn is cheap at WallMart. You get approx 6 wash cloths per ball.
I agree, this stuff is fantastic! Made the mixture as written, but put it in an empty glass cleaner bottle and filled with water. Used it on the vanity, mirrors, countertops and microwave and oven fronts. Also on the refrigerator! Wonderful stuff, thanks for posting!