1/2 Photos of Fantastic Gazpacho!
Gazpacho just couldn't be better than this, and so easy to make! I make this recipe with half V-8 tomato juice and red ripe tomatoes from my summer's crop, you can also use just plain tomato juice, but the V-8 is much better lol! Also I use chipotle corn salsa. Use as much Tabasco as desired, for my family the more the better. This soup is so good you will want it all year around! Try to prepare this hours in advance to blend the flavors. I make my early in the morning to serve in the evening. You can even make this up to 24 hours in advance. Don't omit the cilantro and the onion is optional. I usually use roasted red bell peppers from the jar in place of fresh, but fresh will do fine! Do not use Clamato juice for this, there is not enough thickness and your soup will be too thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 cups purchased salsa (mild or spicy)
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup, opt)
- 1 1/4 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or use red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 1Working in batches blend all ingredients except the Tabasco in a processor until a coarse puree texture (adjust seasonings to taste).
- 2Transfer to a large glass bowl.
- 3Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- 4Chill for a minimum of at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 5Ladle into bowls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Gazpacho!
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 1000.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g