Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from the "Pillsbury Best Cookies and Bars" cookbook and that book certainly lives up to it's name, these are *SOOOO* good and easy to make too! I have made these many times in the past they are a favorite at my house, just make certain not overbake them, they freeze excellent also :)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter (no subs please!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 1 cup butter (no subs please!)
- 2 1⁄4 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan (can make in the microwave also), combine the chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp butter and sweetened condensed milk; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, and the mixture is smooth (stirring constantly); set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter over low heat; remove from heat.
- Add in the brown sugar and eggs; whisk/blend well.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients (not the melted chocolate mixture) mix well.
- Spread half of the batter into the greased pan, just spread with hands, as the batter is a bit thick.
- Drizzle/pour the chocolate mixture over the batter in the pan; carefully spread to cover.
- Drop the remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over the chocolate mixture (it does not have to cover completely).
- With a tip of a knife, swirl slightly to marble the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until light and golden brown, and the center is set (don't overbake!).
- Cool 1 hour until completey cooled.
- Cut into bars-- delicious!
So my co-workers gave this recipe a 10 star rating, and I;m on a diet and couldn't even taste it!! They said it was really fudgy! They sure didn't last long - can't wait to get skinny so I can eat my way back up using Kittencal's yummy recipes!!!