Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
fast and easy
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) packagerefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2⁄3 cup grated fresh romano cheese or 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- 2 firm plum tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Roll out pizza crust to within 1 inch of edge of Rectangle Stone using lightly floured Baker's Roller®. Press garlic over crust using Garlic Press; spread evenly using Skinny Scraper.
- Grate half of the Romano cheese over crust using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon of the oregano. Thinly slice tomatoes with Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade; arrange in single layer over cheese. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and oregano. Grate the remaining Romano cheese over top.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Cut into squares with Pizza Cutter; serve hot using Mini-Serving Spatula.
- Yield: 24 appetizers
- Nutrients per serving: (2 appetizers): Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 370 mg, Fiber less than 1 g.
- Diabetic exchanges per serving (2 appetizers): 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat (1 carb)
- Cook’s Tips: This recipe can be made on the Classic Round Stone. Roll pizza crust to a 12-inch circle; proceed as recipe directs.
- There’s no need to peel garlic cloves before pressing when using the Garlic Press. When cloves are pressed, the garlic flesh gets forced through the holes, while the papery skin stays in the hopper.