Recipe by tunasushi
THIS IS AWESOME and thats all I have to say!
Top Review by Angel619SD
Well, this was a great recipe! I had to try it with my new Soft Serve Ice Cream maker, and it was oh so yummy! My modification- added 1 egg and tempered it. Instead of 3 cups of milk, it was 2 cups Milk 1 Cup Cream, 1/2 Teaspon of Instant Coffee (to bring out chocolate flavor) and big pinch of salt . I JUST finished eating the leftovers of this, and wow, it tastes like the popular brand from the store! This takes well to 'mix ins' . Soft, Scoopable, Just enough Chocolate, but rich...this is a keeper and will be making this again:)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup premium unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of the milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1 cup milk with the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Scrape the cocoa mixture into the hot milk. Cook stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles a little at the edges. Boil gently, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
- Scrape into a bowl and let cool.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap (when cool) placed directly against the surface and chill overnight.
- Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream maker. Because the mixture is slightly thick to begin with, it may take less time than usual to freeze and thicken to the desired consistency.