Recipe by codasmommy
Getting my kids to eat vegetables like bell peppers and onions isn't usually easy, but with these enchiladas they don't even know they're eating them! Not listed in ingredients, my husband and I love to top ours with Taco Bells mild salsa - so good!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces 2% mexican cheese blend
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
Directions See How It's Made
- 350* oven.
- Brown Beef (if there's excess oil, drain).
- Add in taco seasoning as directed.
- In a food processor, finely chop the bell peppers and onion.
- Add vegetables to meat mixture, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Take tortillas and spoon refried beans on one side- completely covering tortilla.
- One by one, fill tortillas with meat mixture and roll closed.
- Place in 13x9'' baking dish.
- Top evenly with enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas
- bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.