Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe by Diana Lockley and altered it a little. It doesn't call for buttermilk like so many do which I like because when I buy buttermilk most of it ends up being thrown away, I do try to keep cream on hand though because it lasts a long time, comes in a smaller carton and so many recipes call for it. I didn't add the parmesan cheese but may try that in the future. My husband and I both loved this!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet over med. heat add the first six ingredients.
- mix the flour and milk and add to the corn mixture.
- cook stirring until the corn mixture is thickened and the corn is cooked through.
- remove from heat and add the parmesan if using, stir till melted. Enjoy!