Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You may never bake another ham in the oven again after you try this! --- you will need a large crock pot for this, choose a size of ham that will fit into you crock pot anywhere from 7-8 pounds you may need to trim the ham slightly to fit, a spiral ham is not recommended for this --- servings is only estimated.
Top Review by pitbullmommy
My ham can out drier the desert! I used a already cooked ham so I dunno if that was my problem? I ended giving most of it to the dogs and chopped up the rest of it into a ham salad, which as pretty good. Note: If you ever mess up a ham slathering it in mayo.
- 118.29 ml unsweetened pineapple juice (or use enough to cover the bottom of your crock pot)
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, divided
- 1 cured picnic ham (bone-in about 7-8 pounds)
- 59.16 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Pour the pineapple juice into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups brown sugar onto the juice.
- Rub the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar onto the ham.
- Place the ham fat-side down into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours (you may baste the ham about halfway through cooking time, do this quickly to prevent a lot of heat to escape from the crock pot).
- Make sure ham in uncooked, with bone inches Face ham fat side up, this with the vinger makes it fall right off the bone. No carving needed.