1/1 Photo of Fantastic Creamy Eggnog Pie
We make this wonderful eggnog pie every Christmas and we always make two or three pies at a time, it's a never-fail recipe that produces a light creamy pie, it's a perfect ending to a holiday dinner --- plan ahead the pie needs to chill a couple of hours before serving, prep time includes cooling time, see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar (or more, depending on how sweet you prefer the filling)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups good-quality commercially-prepared eggnog (not low fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9-inch)
- 1In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute.
- 2In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 3Stir in eggnog until smooth, bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- 4Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 5Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- 6Stir in extracts.
- 7Fold in whipped cream.
- 8Pour into pastry shell.
- 9Refrigerate until firm (about 3 or more hours).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Creamy Eggnog Pie
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.5
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g