1/3 Photos of Fantastic Crackle Top Sugar-Cinnamon Cookies
These are the most amazing sugar cookies. They bake out to a perfect round shape and are crispy around the edges! do not sub the Crisco butter flavor with regular butter, the cookie just will not have the same texture, and bake out very flat. If you are making these for Christmas, use red and green sugar, you can omit the cinnamon if desired and just roll in the sugar. I have even added 1 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter.... these cookies are fabulous!! Note, this recipe makes tons of cookies, so no need to double the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco (do not sub butter for Crisco!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (do not sift)
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar, mixed with
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (for rolling)
- 1Set oven to 350°.
- 2In a extra large mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid stand mixer for this), cream/mix the shortening, both sugars, eggs and vanilla until very well blended and fluffy.
- 3In a smaller bowl mix together (do not sift) the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, with a spoon.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat well until blended.
- 5Roll into walnut size balls (or larger if desired).
- 6Roll into the cinnamon/sugar mixture, making sure that the balls are well coated.
- 7Place on a foil-lined lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 9***NOTE*** for a crispier cookie, bake longer.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Crackle Top Sugar-Cinnamon Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g