Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The title says it all. This is so good. This is a sweet bread, great for breakfast or snack. I must warn you, it touched the top of my breadmaker. It is too good not to share. I changed another recipe and added some things. My additions were the raisins and cinnamon. It origially was suppose to make a 1 1/2 lb. loaf. I didn't think the raisons and cinnamon would have add that much, but I guess it did. You might want to adjust to make a 1 1/2lb. loaf because I will list this as a 2 lb. loaf. It is so good! It knead the heck out of the raisins so there is little bits all through the bread. Chewy, sweet and moist. I used sugar free syrup to cut down on sugar. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. Please leave feedback.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water, plus
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup maple-flavor syrup (can use sugarfree)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 cups bread flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place ingredients in order given, except raisins and yeast.
- Circle inside of pan with raisins.
- Make a well in flour and pour in yeast.
- Bake on white cycle.
- *** My dough looked fine when kneading and then look almost like a batter when it started to rise and was very sticky. I had to leave the house at this point and expected it to be a flop. When I came home and it had touched the top, I thought it was going to be raw and would have to be thrown away. But to my suprise it tasted fantastic.
I substituted more honey for the syrup (we didn't have any), subbed craisins for the raisins, but added a small handful of raisins in. I also added about a quarter cup of crushed pecans. It is AMAZING!! My toddler, husband, and I have already eaten almost the whole loaf and it came out only an hour ago! ...it was supposed to be our breakfast bread for the week... guess we'll make another loaf! Next time, I'm adding dried blueberries, cashews, pistachios, and almonds to make it a sort of morning energy toast! Yummy!
I made the bread this morning but it didn't really turn out. I followed the recipe exactly except baked on "Sweet" cycle. The bread was not done in the center, so I'll try again on the Basic cycle.
Great recipe! I used all purpose flour and only half a cup of oatmeal and no raisins and it was still fantastic!