1/1 Photo of Fantastic Chicken Piccata
I used Grand Chef Potter's Chicken Piccata as a base for this recipe, and am posting with the tweaks I always make when preparing it. It is so yummy, that I eat the sauce over my risotto as well...and have trouble stopping! I usually serve this with Creamy Oven-Baked Risotto and a salad or garlic green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thinly)
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- additional all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh chopped
- 1Place chicken between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Using meat pounder or rolling pin, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 2Dust chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon butter and mix with 1.5 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth, set aside.
- 4Place flour on a plate and dip chicken into to coat; shake off excess.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets. Add 2 chicken breasts to each skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
- 7Bring wine, lemon juice and broth to boil in 1 skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Whisk in butter-flour mixture and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in capers, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and serve with either buttered noodles or risotto.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.1
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 611.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 26.7 g