This curry is easy with the addition of ready-made curry powder instead of making your own. The mango chutney gives a nice touch. Goes nice with rice, and warm Indian breads too!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (amount to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (amount to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together on a shallow plate; dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken, browning on both sides (add more oil if necessary); remove to a plate.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, coating onions, etc; then add potatoes, broth, chutney, to the skillet.
- Bring it all to a boil, add the chicken, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer cooking until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 20-22 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, and serve with rice, if desired.