1/1 Photo of Fantastic Chicken Curry
Sue Lau's Note:
This curry is easy with the addition of ready-made curry powder instead of making your own. The mango chutney gives a nice touch. Goes nice with rice, and warm Indian breads too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (amount to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (amount to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Mix flour, salt and pepper together on a shallow plate; dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken, browning on both sides (add more oil if necessary); remove to a plate.
- 3Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add curry powder, coating onions, etc; then add potatoes, broth, chutney, to the skillet.
- 5Bring it all to a boil, add the chicken, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer cooking until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 20-22 minutes.
- 6Garnish with cilantro, and serve with rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: