1/2 Photos of Fantastic Buttery Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
1 hr 15 mins
This cake is buttery delicious, it has a cream cheese layer in the middle and topped with a crumb topping, I always double the topping! You can also bake this cake in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan --- top baked cake with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (oven rack set to second-lowest position).
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch (or an 11 x 7-inch, baking time will need to be increased slightly).
- 3Cream butter with sugar (about 3-4 minutes), add in eggs and sour cream; beat well (about another 3 minutes).
- 4In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; beat well until combined (batter will be thick).
- 6Spread more than half of the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- 7In another bowl, cream together all filling ingredients, then carefully spread over the cake batter.
- 8Spoon the remaining cake batter over the top of the cheese mixture (it doesn't have to cover the cake batter completely, I just dot tablespoonfuls over the batter).
- 9For the topping (I most always double the ingredients) mix all ingredients, and sprinkle over cake.
- 10Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until middle feels set and not jiggly.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Buttery Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g