1/2 Photos of Fantastic Buttery Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
1 hr 15 mins
This cake is buttery delicious, it has a cream cheese layer in the middle and topped with a crumb topping, I always double the topping! You can also bake this cake in an 11 x 7-inch baking pan --- top baked cake with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (oven rack set to second-lowest position).
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch (or an 11 x 7-inch, baking time will need to be increased slightly).
- 3Cream butter with sugar (about 3-4 minutes), add in eggs and sour cream; beat well (about another 3 minutes).
- 4In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; beat well until combined (batter will be thick).
- 6Spread more than half of the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- 7In another bowl, cream together all filling ingredients, then carefully spread over the cake batter.
- 8Spoon the remaining cake batter over the top of the cheese mixture (it doesn't have to cover the cake batter completely, I just dot tablespoonfuls over the batter).
- 9For the topping (I most always double the ingredients) mix all ingredients, and sprinkle over cake.
- 10Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until middle feels set and not jiggly.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Buttery Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g