Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The lightest most delicious pancakes ever...
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix all ingredients gently together, reserving the syrup and butter.
- Let sit sit 10 minutes while batter rises, Very Important.
- Lightly oil a hot grill.
- Measure 1/4 cup portions onto grill and cook till bubbles form and turns brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and butter.
- Don't let them float off the plate.
This recipe happens to be the same one I've been using for years. You can substitute sour milk or buttermilk powder for the buttermilk. For the sour cream, I always use light and get fabulous results. The best pancakes ever!
These certainly were fluffy! And for flavor, they get a five star. However, they were soooo fluffy that I had trouble getting them to cook through w/o burning (unless I smushed them flat which sort of defeated the purpose). Easy and yummy--we'll try them again when dh, who is a more expert pancake maker, is home. Made for PAC Spring 2008.