Recipe by the-cat-did-it
The lightest most delicious pancakes ever...
Top Review by 2FrenchCats
This recipe happens to be the same one I've been using for years. You can substitute sour milk or buttermilk powder for the buttermilk. For the sour cream, I always use light and get fabulous results. The best pancakes ever!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients gently together, reserving the syrup and butter.
- Let sit sit 10 minutes while batter rises, Very Important.
- Lightly oil a hot grill.
- Measure 1/4 cup portions onto grill and cook till bubbles form and turns brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and butter.
- Don't let them float off the plate.