Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you prefer a sweeter ice cream then increase the brown sugar to 1 cup, this recipe may be doubled ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (can use a little more)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet saute the nuts in butter until lightly browned, stirring frequently; set aside.
- In a medium heavy saucepan over low heat, stir together brown sugar with eggs and half and half cream; bring to a simmer stirring occasionally and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in whipping cream, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.