Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and super tasting broccoli salad. My husband hates broccoli, but loves this salad. It was a hit at a recent party.
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 purple onion
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp,drained and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salad, stirring well.
- Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
With the addition of some craisins in with the nuts etc. this was enjoyed by a whole bunch of people we had over for a cookout. I plan to make it again this weekend!
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ I put this salad together with a few changes ~ I used 5 cups of broccoli & 3 cups of cauliflower [next time I'll probably do it half & half], & I used only half of the bacon indicated! The result was great for this household, & we thank you much for posting the recipe!