Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like the name says...fantastic!! This recipe is a favorite with my toddler. It originally came from Better Baby Food cookbook. It provides lots of nutrients for fussy eaters (young and old)!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onions and carrots; cook for 4-5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Stir in beans, chicken stock and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- In a food processor or blender (I use my hand mixer), puree soup in batches until smooth.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This soup was very easy to make and very good for summer on the cold winter nights in New England. I doubled the recipe and froze individual servings.