Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.allrecipes.com website. Submitted By: Rebecca Slone "This hearty black bean and turkey chili is flavored with chili powder, oregano, basil, and perked up with a spoonful of red wine vinegar."
Top Review by *Parsley*
A nice, easy, lowfat chili. I made this as written, just adding about a tsp or two of cumin to pick up the chili flavor. I liked it but next time I would add some diced tomatoes because even though there was a can of crushed tomatoes in this, they seemed to get lost among everything else. The red wine vinegar was a nice touch. Thanx for posting this!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add turkey and cook, stirring, until meat is brown.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, basil and vinegar.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 60 minutes or more, until flavors are well blended.