1/3 Photos of Fantastic Banana Cream Pie With Banana Graham Crust
To save some time the crust may be prepared and baked 24 hours in advance. It is important to leave the finished pie chill for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight, if you make the mistake of cutting into it any earlier the custard mixture might fall apart --- this pie is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 354.88 ml full-fat milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (optional but good to add in)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml banana extract (optional)
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into about 1/4-inch slices (could use 5 small bananas)
- 1To make the crust: set oven to 350°F.
- 2For the crust; in a bowl stir together the cracker crumbs, sugar and mashed banana.
- 3Add in the melted butter and stir to moisten.
- 4Press into bottom and up sides of a deep-dish 10-inch glass pie dish.
- 5Refrigerate for about 40 minutes until firm.
- 6Remove from the fridge and bake for about 15 minutes; cool completely.
- 7For the filling: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan whisk together cornstarch, sugar and salt to blend.
- 8Whisk in the whipping cream and whole full-fat milk, then egg yolks.
- 9Scrape the vanilla bean seeds and then add them in with the whole bean (if using).
- 10Bring to medium-high heat and whisk until the custard thickens and simmers (about 6 minutes).
- 11Remove from heat. Whisk in butter, vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon banana extract (if using).
- 12Transfer the cooked thickened custard to a bowl; cool completely for about 1 hour, stirring or whisking occasionally.
- 13When ready to fill the pie crust, spread 1 cup of the custard over the bottom of prepared crust.
- 14Top with half of the bananas (about 2-1/2 bananas).
- 15Then top with the remaining custard covering the bananas totally.
- 16Repeat layering with remaining bananas and then remaining custard on the top.
- 17Chill for a minimum of 8 hours (overnight is even better), or until the filling is completely set.
- 18Cut pie into wedges and top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Banana Cream Pie With Banana Graham Crust
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.6
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 241.0 mg
- Sodium 421.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: