1/4 Photos of Fantastic Banana Bran Muffins
This is a fantastic muffin that bakes out very high and moist, I have even added a finely chopped large apple into the flour mixture. If you prefer a sweeter muffin then add in more brown sugar. You can use 1-1/3 cup cake and pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup large flake oats (not quick)
- 1/2 cup natural bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (mash with fork)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup sour milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a bowl, whisk flour, oats, bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl, whisk egg, oil and brown sugar together.
- 5In a small bowl mix together the mashed banana, buttermilk and molasses; add/mix into the oil mixture to combine.
- 6If you are adding in a chopped apple, peel the apple now, then mix it in with the flour mixture.
- 7Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 8Add in the banana/oil mixture into the flour mixture; stirring only to combine (do not overmix, don't worry about any lumps).
- 9Gently stir in raisins and nuts.
- 10Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups (almost to the top).
- 11Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until muffins tops spring back when lightly touched, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Banana Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 252.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g