1/4 Photos of Fantastic Banana Bran Muffins
This is a fantastic muffin that bakes out very high and moist, I have even added a finely chopped large apple into the flour mixture. If you prefer a sweeter muffin then add in more brown sugar. You can use 1-1/3 cup cake and pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup large flake oats (not quick)
- 1/2 cup natural bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana (mash with fork)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup sour milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses or 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a bowl, whisk flour, oats, bran, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl, whisk egg, oil and brown sugar together.
- 5In a small bowl mix together the mashed banana, buttermilk and molasses; add/mix into the oil mixture to combine.
- 6If you are adding in a chopped apple, peel the apple now, then mix it in with the flour mixture.
- 7Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 8Add in the banana/oil mixture into the flour mixture; stirring only to combine (do not overmix, don't worry about any lumps).
- 9Gently stir in raisins and nuts.
- 10Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups (almost to the top).
- 11Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until muffins tops spring back when lightly touched, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Banana Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 252.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g