Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
When I was still a teen ager, I worked for a magazine distributor in Baker, Oregon and one of the office ladies (Lily) shared this recipe with me. I love it, love it, love it. When I make it, I use sugar-free jello and I divide the recipe into six little food saver containers with lids - makes just the right amount to go with lunch or to eat whenever - and it's low calorie! The ingredients are very forgiving - it would sork with cooked chicken, or ham, and you can change the crunchy vegies to suit yourself. My favorite mix is celery, green pepper, dill pickle - along with canned shrimp. Diced cucumber, carrots, radishes would also be very good. The hour "cooking" time is actually cooling time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin (regular or sugar-free)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced olives (chopped olives will do in a pinch)
- 1 ounce small shrimp, drained
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 medium dill pickle, diced
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and stir for three minutes.
- Put in refrigerator, and when jello is partially set, stir-in the tomato soup.
- Add the shrimp and the diced vegetables.
- Pour into six food containers with lids, or just keep it in the stirring bowl or pan - cover with foil or saran wrap.
- Keep refrigerated.