Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
These muffins ar so fruity and moist. Wonderful for breakfast with tea or coffee, for brunch with an omelet, or so good as an afternoon snack.
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- sour cream (1 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Soak apricots in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Drain apricots, discarding liquid.
- Fold apricots, orange peel and nuts into batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
These muffins are moist and delicious! I added an egg to the batter because it was so thick. They turned out great. I also substituted vanilla yogurt for the sour cream and lemon zest for the orange because I was out of both. I will definitely be making these again ;)
Excellent!! I made this recipe almost as written. I skipped the nuts and, as I, too, found the batter very thick, I added a couple of tablespoons of milk. No eggs. These are absolutely delicious and will be a regular at my house.
i also noticed no egg and added 1 and used apricot yougurt instead of sour cream and i boiled the chopped up apricots in the microwave i chopped apricots in food processer i didnt add rind the bottems burn easily cause sugar content high