Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I wouldn't eat a chicken liver (ugh! chicken filters) if you paid me but I make these for company and get rave reviews every time. I make half with and half without the livers to suit my own taste. Cooking time is dependent on the size of the livers and how thick the bacon is, but plan on 8 minutes and continue to check them.
- 20 slices bacon, halved
- 20 chicken livers, cleaned and halved
- 40 water chestnuts
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated (or use more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Wrap half piece of bacon around half of a chicken liver and one water chestnut. Secure with a toothpick.
- Mix the marinade in a bowl and let the rumaki marinate for several hours or even overnight.
- Cover a sheet pan with a silpat or foil sprayed with cooking spray and broil close to the heat source (but not so close your toothpicks burn up) until the bacon is crispy and the liver is cooked through. Serve hot.
What a wonderful little recipe you have here. So simple, yet so good. I have never made Rumaki before, and this was simple. I have only had it a few times before, but I don't remember it being this good. I did use chicken livers, and it was good. Thanks for this recipe.