Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for lighter fare chicken burritos and a healthy dip for a change of pace...
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) tomatoes (finely diced) or 1 (14 ounce) box grape tomatoes (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons red onions (minced)
- 4 green onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon koser salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime (for juice)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (diced)
- ground cumin (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in an attractive glass bowl. Mix well and refrigerate to allow all the flavors to infuse for at least 1 hour. Serve on burritos, fish tacos, with corn chips, on an avocado and sweet corn salad or wrapped in baby gem lettuce leaves.
Colorful and the flavors work together so well! I took this to a Super Bowl party and judging from the empty bowl, everyone liked it as much as I did! My only change will be to reduce the lime juice and vinegar. Thanks for a great recipe, Ian!
Excellent, fresh salsa and the taste of the tomatoes and mango really complemented each other. the spiciness of the pepper added just the right bite! This would be a nice accompaniment for fish or chicken, although we used it for salsa for our Spring PAC 2010 Latino Night! Thanks Ian!