Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Well, this cannot be good for you...
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Boil or microwave potatoes until tender.
- Meanwhile, chop bacon and saute until cooked, but not crispy (unless you're really stuck on crispy bacon).
- Reduce heat, saute onion until translucent.
- Don't drain the fat.
- Add vinegar, sugar, mustard, and mustard seed.
- Whisk 2 tbs flour into stock, add to pan, bring to boil.
- Taste mixture, and adjust sugar-to-vinegar ratio, if necessary.
- Slice potatoes, and coat with dressing.
We really like this a lot. Although, I drained off most (certainly not all) of the fat, reduced the sugar a smidge and reduced the flour a bit to make up for the smaller amt of fat. It turned out lovely.
This was awesome! Even though I ended up having to make a few substitutions (water instead of chicken broth, half rice wine vinegar and half white distilled vinegar, no mustard seed) due to not having the ingredients, it was delicious. And so simple! Thanks a bunch for posting this! I added baby lima beans, hard boiled egg, and deli ham fried in bacon grease to stretch it out some, and it turned out wonderful with the additions.
Absolutely perfect. I put in a little less sugar because I don't like it to taste as sweet, but it turned out great. This is a keeper.