Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom used to make these for my dad and I and now I want to share it with you! For those who love pizza...these are grrrrrreat!
- 1 loaf of frozen garlic bread
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce (if you like pizza sauce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced green & red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced olive
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepperoni or 1⁄2 cup bacon or 1⁄2 cup sausage or 1⁄2 cup ham, etc
- Preheat oven if baking directions on garlic bread call for this.
- Remove garlic bread from packaging, place the 2 halves of bread garlic side up on cookie sheet.
- Open can of pizza sauce, use spoon to spread along garlic bread halves.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Cover with cheese.
- Cook until garlic bread is heated thoroughly and cheese is melted. (Usually 15-20 min).
What a nifty idea! Topped mine with sauce, fresh mushrooms, Italian sausage and a mix of provolone/mozzarella, and since I chopped the mushrooms ahead of time and pre-browned the sausage, dinner was done in no time, and it was quite tasty. Great stuff - thanks!
These pizzas were a huge hit! I made as directed, using cooked & crumbled bacon on all of them & mushrooms on DH's. The whole family really enjoyed them. Will be making again, for sure. Thanks for sharing 'lil cooker! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.
I needed to use up some leftover garlic bread, and this worked out well. I topped the cooked slices with pizza toppings and ran them under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese. Thanks for an easy idea!