Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is fast and easy and uses what you have in your garden or farmers market.
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 celery rib, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 (6 inch) zucchini, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, well rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 baguette, day old and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- Mix all salad ingredients together.
- Dressing: Whiz the thyme, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a mini food processor or whisk by hand. Add the vinegar and whiz until all is blended well. While whizzing, drizzle in the oil and continue whizzing or whisking until all is emulsified.
- Toss dressing and salad together and serve within 20 minutes. I actually like this dressed way ahead of time so the bread cubes soak up the dressing. Serves 4 - 8 depending on your meal.