Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A recipe I found in Quick Cooking years ago. Excellent for all parties! People will be scraping the bowl for remnants. You can't go wrong if you bring this--you'll be invited back.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pastrami
- 1⁄4 cup ham
- 1⁄4 cup corned beef
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 loaf round bread
- Finely chop deli meats and green onion.
- Combine all ingredients but bread.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Cut off top of round bread and use a spoon to hollow it out.
- Fill bread shell with chilled mixture.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.
- Accept all party invitations!
This was a yummy bread bowl. I added a bit of fresh coriander (cuz I have some growing out on my deck) and we all loved that additional bit of zing. If I were to make this again, I would increase the meats to half cup each and cut back a bit on the mayo and sour cream...just for personal taste. Enjoyed it with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and crackers... would also be nice with hot crustinis or similar crusty bread. Thanks Pam (my PAC 2010 baby). (-;