These muffins are both fantastic and easy...Thus the name! They are also easy to make dairy-free (DF)by substituting a non-dairy milk (soy, coconut, almond). I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, Marian Johnson.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (use oil for DF)
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk (Approximately(add to oil and egg to make 1 1/8 c liquid total, Use coconut, almond or soy milk to ma)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a 1 C liquid measuring cup, put oil or margarine, egg, extracts and enough milk to make 1 1/8°C.
- Whisk together.
- Fold into dry mixture and.
- Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. (I use a little more than 1 C.).
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.