Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe comes from a Texas cookbook called The Texas Experience. I've lost the book since moving, but had some favorite recipes written elsewhere. I make this every year at Christmas as it is so good. I use toasted, chopped pecans or walnuts. Cooking time does not include cooling time.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 25 large marshmallows, cut up
- 13 ounces milk chocolate, cut up
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 cup pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Mix milk,sugar,vanilla and butter together in saucepan.
- Boil mixture for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat:.
- Add cut up marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add chocolates one at a time.
- Stir rapidly until melted.
- Add the nuts if using them.
- Put into 2 13-inch buttered pans or 1 12x16-inch jelly roll pan.
- Let cool before cutting.