Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe in my Fannie Farmer cookbook that I just recently found and tried. I didn't know that scalloped potatoes was such a simple dish to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole with a single layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, flour and a few dots of butter.
- Repeat until all of the potato slices are used.
- Pour milk over the potato slices until the top is almost covered.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft.
I personally think this recipe is awesome. My grandmother has made THE BEST Scalloped potatoes since I was little. I mean really good ones. I asked her for her recipe about a year ago only to my surprise to find out this Fannie Farmer was the same recipe, my grandma is in her 80's.
This is a great recipe...I also add thinly sliced onion and some bacon or ham for more flavor.
Easy as!! I added some grated cheese on top, only cause we like cheesy things. lol Thanks for posting.