Recipe by Jaymee
Funny how a certain scent can just send you reeling. Remember the smell of sausage cooking at a fair? I remember this scent walking in Gatlinberg, TN during vacations. There is a little place called Fannie Farkles who always has it on the grill...enticing me. And now I've stolen their name...will probably be in copyright prison by the time you read this.
- 5 links hot Italian sausage
- 2 large onions, cut into eights
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into large strips
- 1 jar smooth spaghetti sauce, heated
- 2 -5 hoagie rolls
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal until coals are"ready".
- Meanwhile, cut up onions and peppers.
- Place sausages on grill.
- Total cooking time will be about 20-25 minutes, turning freqently.
- During last 10-15 minutes, place grill basket containing veggie strips on the grill, cooking until crisp tender.
- When everything is almost done, brush hoagie rolls lightly with oil.
- Lay face down on grill and grill until lightly browned.
- To assemble, place one sausage in hoagie roll.
- Add peppers and onions to your liking.
- Drizzle lightly with spaghetti sauce.
- Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
- This recipe will serve 2-5 people depending on how many guests and how hungry you are.
- I usually make this just for the hubby and I so I have extra for my"Hot Italian Soup"-- recipe to follow.