Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
So, so delicious. Original recipe from the Junior League's California SOL Food cookbook.
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 egg, beaten (or pasteurized egg substitute)
- 5 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced, drained
- Combine the olive oil, cream, egg, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, Dijon, dry mustard, and sugar in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake to mix.
- Add: hard cooked egg, olives, chives, parsley and capers and shake again.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.