Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick easy 'stir-fry'
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 4 cups broccoli, stems thinly sliced,florets 1 inch long
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Add carrots and saute 5 minutes before adding broccoli stem pieces.
- Saute 2 minutes more.
- Add the florets,basil,garlic powder,salt and pepper and bouilon powder.
- Cover and let simmer in its own juices for 3to5 minutes.
This was just the ticket! I served it with crockpot chicken, and it was well-received. Good and easy.
Outstanding!!! I halved this recipe and had all of it myself, and I still wanted more! I used dried basil and a local sambar curry powder and it worked amazingly! The onions were caramelised to perfection, and along with the carrots they added a wonderful sweetness which complimented the pepper and curry powder beautifully! All the veggies were done exactly to my liking, and boy, I sure wolfed this thing down! Thanks, this one's for keeps!
We enjoyed these very much, nice combination of veggies . I left the butter out and used veggie spray instead and had to use chicken broth because I had no bouillon powder, it worked great! thatnks for posting i will make them again.