Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin (or 96% Fat-Free Healthy Choice ground beef)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, rinsed and packed into measuring cup
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato, drained (packed in water)
- 4 ounces lowfat swiss cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Blend in egg substitute and wine and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into a 7 1/2x10 rectangle on the sheet of paper.
- Arrange the basil leaves over the surface and sprinkle chopped dried tomatoes over the top of the basil.
- Then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Using the paper to move things along, roll the meatloaf up like a jelly-roll.
- As the meatloaf starts cracking, keep pressing it smooth again as you roll.
- Roll the loaf as tightly as you can, peeling the paper away as you roll.
- Place this beautiful loaf seam-side down in a 5x9 loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked throughout and nice and crusty on top.
- Serve hot or cold.