Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another type of shrimp cocktail that I serve as an appetizer when company is over for dinner.
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 4.92-9.85 ml prepared horseradish
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 celery ribs (from the heart and finely chopped)
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped or 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 453.59 g cooked shrimp (medium, peeled, tails removed)
- 4 piece lettuce leaves
- Combine ketchup, lemon zest, lemon juice, celery and parsley in a small bowl.
- Add shrimp and coat evenly.
- Chill 20-30 minutes.
- Line 4 cocktail glasses or small dishes with leaf lettuce and top each with 1/4 of chilled shrimp mixture.
mmm truely delicious! I used prawns also and used side plates to serve them, just made half a recipe for the two of us. we loved the crunch from the celery and the sauce was delicious, used hot prepared hosrseradish, wonderful flavour with the lemon and it had a perfect zing to it. Thanks for posting I will be making this one again often!
Wonderful. I didn't serve in individual glasses -- but but it in a large bowl for us to "dig" into. I was able to get some beautiful prawns. Delicious!