Recipe by Debber
Here are some eggs with style! Get the skillet warming up while you're prepping the eggies, and have everything else ready to add in, so it all comes together easily at the end. Thanks to the wonderful cooks at Taste of Home (Aug/Sep '09) for another great one! If you'd like your sammie to be a bit heartier, add another egg (2 per person then). How easy can this be? :-)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red peppers
- salt & pepper
- 2 croissants, split
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- 4 slices Canadian bacon (or regular)
- 4 slices muenster cheese (or other favorite kind)
- 1⁄2 cup arugula (or other favorite greens)
- 4 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk bowl ingredients; set aside.
- Saute' skillet ingredients until tender; add egg mixture.
- As egg sets, lift edges so wet egg can flow underneath; when eggs are completely set, slide spatula under one half, and tip over in half; cut into two wedges.
- Spread croissants with dressing, then layer the remaining ingredients with bacon, egg, cheese (so it melts), greens, tomatoes and the croissant tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or waffle iron for 2-4 minutes (cheese should be melted).
- HELPFUL HINT: If you don't have a panini-maker or a waffle iron, try using two cast-iron frying pans (place sammies in one over medium heat, nest the second one on top of that, pressing lightly to get that Just Right Squissshed-ness. Half-way through, flip the slamwich over so the second side gets toasted-y too.