Here are some eggs with style! Get the skillet warming up while you're prepping the eggies, and have everything else ready to add in, so it all comes together easily at the end. Thanks to the wonderful cooks at Taste of Home (Aug/Sep '09) for another great one! If you'd like your sammie to be a bit heartier, add another egg (2 per person then). How easy can this be? :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red peppers
- salt & pepper
- 1Whisk bowl ingredients; set aside.
- 2Saute' skillet ingredients until tender; add egg mixture.
- 3As egg sets, lift edges so wet egg can flow underneath; when eggs are completely set, slide spatula under one half, and tip over in half; cut into two wedges.
- 4Spread croissants with dressing, then layer the remaining ingredients with bacon, egg, cheese (so it melts), greens, tomatoes and the croissant tops.
- 5Cook on a panini maker or waffle iron for 2-4 minutes (cheese should be melted).
- 6HELPFUL HINT: If you don't have a panini-maker or a waffle iron, try using two cast-iron frying pans (place sammies in one over medium heat, nest the second one on top of that, pressing lightly to get that Just Right Squissshed-ness. Half-way through, flip the slamwich over so the second side gets toasted-y too.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Schmancy Very Easy Omelet Croissant
Serving Size: 1 (1002 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1592.3
- Calories from Fat 1242
- Total Fat 138.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.8 g
- Cholesterol 471.7 mg
- Sodium 3901.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 48.7 g